NetBeans ClearCase Integration Setup and Release Notes
Our Clearcase support is available from the Netbeans Update Center.
Get the module from our Update Center - choose Tools > Plugins in the main menu, select the Clearcase module
in the Available Plugins tab and click Install.
Setup your Clearcase environment
- Clearcase Rational client software must be installed and the connection to a server must be properly set up
- ensure that the cleartool software is in your path
- if working with dynamic views
- on windows - the view must be started
- on *nix- you have to start the IDE from the views context to be able to access your files
- Works only with NetBeans 6.1 or higher.
- Clearcase Rational client software must be installed on the client computer and a connection to the server must be properly set up.
- Works with dynamic and snapshot views
- Support for a basic set of commands implemented:
Checkout, Uncheckout, Add to Source Control, Hijack, Undo Hijack,
Checkin, Update, View Revision, Describe, Ignore/Unignore, ...
- IDE intergation: Annotations bar, Diff, Inline diff
- Apply Diff patch facility
- On demand checkout when user tries to modify a file in editor or via refactoring
- Status color and icon badges displayed for files in a changed state - new, checked out, hijacked, ...
- Clearcase view - shows files in an interesting state - new, checked out, hijacked ...
- Invoking of native Clearcase tools - Browse History, Version Tree
Features not supported yet
At this moment we have no support for:
- Unified Change Management features
- Clearcase Web configurations
to find out about already posted bugs, enhancements and feature requests.